A list -- because my brain is that disorganized....
1. First off, I've decided to forgo the purchase of a treadmill and will join a gym. Seemed to make the most sense initially. But now to figure out which gym.
2. The socks were the culprit of the blisters...so I get a big fat DUH on that one.
3. I've a race on Sunday. Goals? What goals? :) I've got a few but they definitely aren't the ones I thought I'd have 4 weeks ago. But that's life. The weather should be good, the course is fun and I know a lot of people out running it so it is all good. I am still glad I decided to do it.
4. I've been looking back at the miles I've been putting in and while I've definitely put in more miles this year than last, I still think I need more to meet my goals. I like the RLRF approach (which was more miles for me really) but I don't think it is quite the plan for me. And certainly not for a marathon. And yes, I'm thinking marathon. And I'm still shooting for a 1.50 Half hopefully within the next year. I've done a lot of thinking -- soon I'll start writing it down to sort through it all.
5. There is 9 weeks until LVRNR and I'm going to use that 9 weeks to build up base from mid 20's in miles to mid 30's or even 40. I just want to see how my body, stamina, schedule handles that many miles.
6. I should have named this blog The Wimpy Runner. Actually I really like that -- it is a bit more catchy and totally represents me. Sadly enough.
7. I'm in a very good mood -- which means I am well rested. It was my one goal for the week -- and it took a lot because my sleeping isn't all that much better. So when I wasn't working or running, I was pretty much in bed sleeping or attempting to sleep. Hopefully that will help for tomorrow.
And with that, I'm off.