Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bye bye last week -- Hello this week

Man, some weeks you just can't get it together no matter how hard you try and that was my last week.  From the Tuesday Tempo run that I couldn't complete (it was the humidity -- honest!), to the Interval Thursday where we did a mile timed trial and I lost my breath and just about died to the Saturday long run where my hip decided to hurt.  

I'd been doing well so I'm appropriately humbled.

But this morning.  Ah. This morning's tempo was a lovely run.  1 mile easy, 2 at mid tempo, 1 mile easy, 2 mid tempo and 1 mile easy.  I was FINALLY able to hit stride and felt great when done.

Whew -- at least the bad times don't last too long.

Off to DFW area late Thursday night through Saturday the 25th.  I lived there from 1988 to 2000 and still have a bunch of friends (that's what working professionally and having kids in an area does -- ties you to the people and the area).  Then my brother moved there 2 years ago -- so my daughter and I are just going to make the friends and family visit.  Will be lots of eating and visiting.  Instead of setting myself up for failure on the training front, I am only going to try to keep to my three runs for the week and not worry about any other cross training.

We'll see how it goes.  The temps will kill me I'm sure.

Back to work....

No comments: