1. I'm not going to the midnight showing of Harry Potter this Thursday, but my daughter is. I'm kind of sad but I have to work so that takes all the fun out of things at times. I will however make sure I get to see if before next weekend is up.
2. I'm going to see The Monkee's at The Mountain Winery tomorrow night. The Monkee's -- yeah, how cool is that. And the venue = awesome.
3. Went out with the girls last night -- tons of fun but 3am? Really? What do I think I am? 21? Gah.
4. 10k tomorrow. We'll just see how that goes. I'm fairly familiar with part of the route as I run the trail a lot. But then I read descriptions of the race that said it kind of fools you -- you feel like it should be faster than it is. We'll just have to see. Excited though.
5. Last week's tempo run = major blow up. Felt gross and still struggling with being properly hydrated. Was to be 5 miles at mid tempo pace (8.30 to 8.45 ish) and my average was 4.5 (labored) miles with avg 9.30. But but but .... I didn't take water (oh, it's only 5 miles and it is cool!) but my the first half mile I was soaked and when I got home I checked the weather. Yeah, it was cool but it was also 87% humidity. Note to self....just take water on all summer runs.
6. Last week's interval run. Rocked it. Did it at 6pm and 85* (or maybe hotter?) but made sure I was hydrated and ta da. Funny thing what that water can do for one. The workout was intimidating (to me anyway) and was:
10-20 min warm up
1 mile (400 RI)
2 miles (800 RI)
2x800 (800 RI)
I was pleased with my times -- am getting faster.
1 mile -- 8.28 pace
2 mile -- 8.23 pace
1x800 -- 8.08 pace
1x800 -- 8.13 pace
I was very tired when done and felt it the next day. Quads are still a bit tired.
7. Had a blissful 2 hour nap this afternoon (see #3 above) and am ready to go back to bed! Nice. All I have to do is finish this, play with music for tomorrows fun and then I'm off to read.. And my house has cooled down a bit too so sleep should be blissful.
And that's all for now.