Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

So I ran today.  I gave up on the fact that I'd wake up one morning pain free.  My foot feels fine, but my ankle is still sore -- it is the weirdest thing but I just got fed up waiting so I put on an ankle support (from the drugstore) and went to the track. 

I just couldn't do one more Thursday spin class, I just couldn't.  The instructor is so pleasant and in non spinning life, I'm sure I'd like her a ton.  But I just don't like her classes.  I've learned there is definitely an art to matching the music to the workout and bless her heart, she doesn't have it.  She plays music (that I mostly actually like) that has a constant beat -- no ups and downs.  But we are supposed to ride faster and slower with no system, no pattern, no music, no nothing.  That is so difficult for me -- my body naturally wants to just match the music.

So I ran.  

I gave up on the fact that I'd wake up one morning pain free.  My foot feels fine, but my ankle is still sore -- it is the weirdest thing but last week the doctor said there wasn't anything wrong with it and possibly I was just compensating.  Since I was fed up waiting for my entirely pain free morning, I put on an ankle support thingie (from the drugstore) and went to the track.

Two miles.  That was it.  I thought I'd bust out 3 miles but I also told myself I'd stop when I felt it in my foot -- and that was at the two mile mark.  Up until then, my ankle noticed I was running by my foot felt fine -- I just took it nice and slow.  But right around the two mile mark my foot started feeling so tired -- just tired.  So I stopped and walked home with a smile on my face.  

I'm going to do it again on Saturday.  Wish me luck.  

 

6 comments:

Raina said...

Yay! YAy!!!! GOOD news!!

How in the world can an instructor think you will speed up or down while keeping the same beat? That's funny.

Paul said...

That IS good news. In the end it's the patient that has to do the finally debugging of the machine 8)

The spin class sounds kind of retarded to me. The whole point is the music beat!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Great news! Glad your foot is feeling better and good luck on Saturday!

Terzah said...

VERY good news (I'm sorry I missed it--I've been away from blogs and blogging since last Wednesday). I hope yesterday's run went well too!

Kathy said...

Yay!!! That's a wonderful start - glad to hear you're easing into it!

XLMIC said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! Starting smart…I am so glad you are getting to run even if just a bit :)