So I owe a week 2 training recap and after tomorrow I'll owe a week 3 -- and that means there's only 13 weeks until Eugene. Which is really nothing but I'm not going to think of that because it just terrifies me. Silly yes, but true.
Anyway, on to more fun things. I've been tagged for the 11 Random Things post by the lovlies Terzah and Caroline. Thank you ladies -- here goes:
You've seen 'em before, but here are The Rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in your tagger's post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blogs and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you are reading this." You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
1. I was named for Tricia Nixon -- apparently my mother fell in love with the name Tricia and hence I'm Tricia. But the real drag is that she actually put Patricia down on my birth certificate as that was a proper name (I think that must have mattered to her) but then started calling me Tricia right away. I've never been Pat, Patty, Patsy or Patricia but I was haunted the first day of school for years until I got the teachers straight.
2. I was on Romper Room when I was 5. Goodness I hope someone remembers that show. Anyway, a few years back I went looking to see if I could get the episodes I was on and low and behold, they would tape over the previous day's show the next day. So my 30 minutes a day for 5 days of fame is not recorded anywhere. Sob. And, Miss Maryanne NEVER EVER said my name when she looked in her mirror. I suppose because it wasn't a proper name ;).
3. I grew up in SoCal, moved to TX (DFW area) when I was 23 and moved to NoCal when I was 36. I came back to CA kicking and screaming but now I'm okay (which is nice because it has been 11.5 years. ha). But it would take a lot to get me to ever live in SoCal again.
4. I met my first 'computer friends' back in 1994 on a CompuServe forum. I'm still in touch with most of them today. One is one of my best friends ever even though we see each other only every other year or so. When all of our kids were younger, we even took a couple of family vacations together.
5. The only states I've not been in are Alaska, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Ohio.
6. There are many foods I won't eat because of their texture. Mushrooms are one. Oysters are another.
7. Yellow is my absolute favorite color and has been since I was one year old (so I've been told)
8. I'm a dragon (or more appropriately, I was born in the year of the dragon -- but I like my way better).
9. I have two cats named Zeus and Hermes -- actually they are my daughter's cats but I have a feeling when she leaves, they stay officially earning me the title of crazy old cat lady (though my daughter assures me that I'm okay with only two -- it takes three cats to be a crazy old cat lady).
10. I drank Diet Coke daily from the time it came out (I think I was around 16) until two and a half years ago (yeah, that's almost 30 years -- shudder). At my worst, I was drinking a six pack a day! I didn't quit cold turkey but managed to quit over about a week's period. I've not had any since nor have I wanted it.
11. I don't know how to swim. Seriously. I never learned how.
Now on to the real fun:
1. Which U.S. state do you most want to visit and what would you do there? Well, I've had the fortune of being in almost all 50 of the states -- some better than others. But one that I've not seen yet and really want to is Alaska. I"d love to go to the remote parts and then just see the coast and oh I don't know -- I want to see it all.
2. If you are a parent, what's the most important piece of advice you have for those of us who are also parents (and I want to know this even if your kids are still young)? If you don't have kids, what's the best thing your parents ever did for you, even if it was unpleasant at the time? It is cliche but pick you battles. Oh that and attempt to remain calm (I usually failed at this)
3. Name your favorite sport (running, tris, cycling etc.). If you couldn't do it, what would be your next choice and why? Running -- I guess I'd cycle if I didn't run but honestly I spent most of my life doing NOTHING so I'd probably relapse back into that. Sad
4. If you could pick a totem animal, what would it be and why? Well this one sent me running to google. When I found the description of the animals the Bee seemed to describe me the best. Though there were plenty other I wanted to be. I kinda want to create my own totem now.
5. What's the scariest thing you ever did? I don't do very many scary things actually. I do have one scary thing but that will have to be another conversation for another time.
6. If you still live in your hometown, are you glad you stayed? If you don't still live in your hometown, would you like to go back and live there? Didn't stay in my hometown or area and don't have any desire to go back.
7. Are you a fan of motivational posters?I am. Seems to be what I pin the most on Pinterest.
8. Do you do well on standardized tests?It has been long enough since I've taken one that I really have no idea.
9. Which countries/regions did your ancestors come from? Do you strongly identify with any of those places? My background is English and German. But my relatives have been in this country long enough that I can join the Daughters of the American Revolution -- so nope, don't really identify with those places. Fun to visit though.
10. Which do you like best: baseball or football?Football
11. Name your favorite movie of all time.It isn't very deep but I love Hairspray - it is my go to feel good movie. My daughter and I can recite all the lines and sing all the songs and when it is over we are happy.
And now onto Caroline's questions:
1. What is your favorite brand of running shoes? I don't have a favorite and that makes me want to cry. I'm still trying to fine 'my' shoe.
2. Favorite book you have read recently? I'm just fussing to a friend on gchat that I've not read anything lately and can't seem to get into reading mode. Frustrating because I like to read overall but nothing is grabbing me.
3. Letterman or Leno? Leno
4. How are you today? Today I am very good, thank you.
5. Who is someone you admire?This one is always hard for me. There are lots of people I admire but when asked my mind goes blank -- if I think of something later, I'll add it.
6. Reality TV: yes? no? if yes...confess the worst...I won't tell anyone Sadly, The Kardashian's -- but it isn't my fault, I swear. I totally blame my 15 year old daughter.
7. What makes you laugh? The answer I just gave you above.
8. Why are the Kardashians famous again? See.
9. Favorite Olympic moment? No one favorite -- I don't have many favorites of things.
10. What is something you cannot stand? Today I can not stand people who hog trails so you practically have to run into them. Or they stare you down and not move even though they really need to get over and SHARE!!
11. When is your next race? Heavens, next Sunday (Feb 5th) in SF.
Okay -- so I'm going to be a lazy slug and not tag anyone. Yet. It seems most people have been tagged -- so if I run across anyone who hasn't, I'll catch them then -- oh and I need to think up my 11 questions. This is a big project.