Sunday, March 06, 2011

A New Week

Alrighty, time to get back at it.  Last week was a very lazy week and I slept in every day.  Now in my defense, I was sick.  But I'd not been doing very well the previous weeks either.  So tomorrow morning, no excuses.

After the last half in October, I was full of great plans.  A friend did an amazing 20 week training plan complete with speed work and cross training but I could never just give it traction.  I managed to stay running long enough to run the Turkey Trot and then have just been doing bits and pieces ever since.  January was a tough month so I was just going to get serious in February and while I did start running more, I just don't think it is enough.  I haven't done anything long since mid December -- I have become the master of the 4 mile run (what I could tolerate on a track in the dark!) Anyway, I did manage 10 miles last Saturday at a decent (for me) pace so I'm pleased.  Next week we get some evening daylight back so I can put in more miles on my Tuesday night runs as well.  I feel a bit more like I can manage the half in a few weeks even though I won't be setting any records.

No comments: