I'm thinking about running the Operation Jack half marathon. I can't think of a downside:
- we are going to be in LA anyway for Christmas
- staying 15 mins from the start
- I was planning on running on the Manhattan Beach strand on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day anyway (yeah this goes the other way but still).
- if I run the day after Christmas, I can take Christmas off
- I LOVE running near the ocean.
The only downside is that I usually get on the road early to make my way back and we are coming back on the 26th. But what the heck -- race starts at 7.30. I'm done by 9.30 -- even with minimal dilly dallying I get back to my sister in law's house, shower and am on the road by 11.30. Heck, make my kids go with me (horrors) and we can leave right after -- who needs a shower to sit in the car for 6 hours. The boy can drive.
Oh oh oh -- good cause. Small race.
I'm not seeing a downside.
I think I'll do this. Only 40 spots left according to the blog post -- so I guess I'll go sign up now!
(just had to think it through)