Thursday, June 14, 2007

Relax

Yesterday I was talking to a woman I work with. She's not local but at the corporate office in Dallas so I don't speak with her all that often. She was asking about how things were going now that the dust has settled a bit on my job and work situation. I fessed up to being bored.

I could feel the eyeroll through the phone.

I've know her for quite a long time. She's known how crazy my work schedule has been for quite a long time. She wondered why I would even care about being bored.

Well, as I told her, the company really doesn't need both my boss and I. There is way too much overlap and I'm just not busy enough and he gets to do all the fun stuff.

She knew that, heck, everyone knows that (even boss). The thing is, he can't do what I do so you'd think that would provide me a bit of security. But it doesn't seem to. However with all that is going on in the company over all she did tell me to relax and enjoy the summer and if I caught a bit of a break, go with it.

So I'm trying to do that. Relaxing isn't something I do well at all even though I talk about it being all I want to do. So we'll see.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Thanks for letting me know you are here! I added you to my bloglines list to make it easy. :)

- Judy