Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Running

I've started running. Nothing like a little running to highlight how out of shape one is. However, since that is the reason I started, I guess it is okay.

Part of the fun of running is coming up with the playlist for my iPod. It has to be the right mix of good beat and energetic. I'm still struggling.

Anyway, I'm getting there -- still can't do a mile in a row before my lungs start to explode, but I'm close. And honestly, the first bit is the hardest and once I get going, I do get to a rhythm and it gets a bit easier. Until I stop breathing. Then it isn't so good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, come on. I'm told breathing is highly over-rated. (grin)

Bev Sykes said...

I'm impressed. My knees are so shot that even if I could run, I couldn't run. I suspect that if you let it be known you're looking for good running playlists people will send them to you. Marn sent me a web site where you can look for playlists, but, of course, I can't find that now.