Sunday, December 02, 2012

CIM

I thought I was going to do an official post yet today -- in fact, kept rewriting it in my head on the drive home from Sacramento -- but I just don't have it in me.  I'm exhausted.  Beyond exhausted actually.  I need to find some more food and go to bed.

I'll do an official post tomorrow -- but let me just say that was hard. Extremely hard.  Pouring (and I mean pouring) rain and wind for 3.5 hours complete with street flooding, huge puddles and mini lakes just didn't make for the best conditions.  My ending time was 4:30:44 -- a little slower than I would have liked but all things considered, including a 3+ min potty stop I'm happy.

And the best part is -- I'm a Marathoner!!. And now I've got a time to beat.  ;)


8 comments:

Paul said...

Whoo hoo!

I was wondering how you were doing...I woke up to a pounding rain at 7am and said to my wife "they are just starting now I think!..yikes!

We had periodic LASHING rains in Palo Alto until about 10:30 am.

4:30 is a great time (mine was 4:25 or so..better conditions)

I hope for a more complete race report later!

CONGRATULATIONS!
-paul

Raina said...

Congrats you!!! You did it!! I know how terribly exhausted you must be, but that's a great first race in horrible conditions. Looks like you ran 26 miles? Holy moly.

Looking forward to the full report. :) Rest up. So proud of you!

XLMIC said...

You are so amazing! It was BRUTAL out there and you were triumphant! Congratulations, marathoner :) Can't wait to hear the details! And I think I saw you, actually.

Nelly said...

Congratulations and props for surviving the insane conditions! I bet you would have gone 30 min faster given good conditions.

RoseRunner said...

I think everyone who had this as their FIRST marathon is in a great position -- if you can do this, every other marathon will be blissfully easy in comparison (not actually EASY, but you know...).

It is an amazing story to share--your first marathon, in a monsoon. Totally respectable time for your debut, in that mess. Congrats Tricia! Can't wait to learn what you choose as your SECOND marathon :)

Terzah said...

Congratulations again! I'm so glad I was the one who got to toast this with you (and that was a damn fine plate of nachos, too). Yes, the next one will seem like cake compared to this. I hope I'm there for it again.

Jill said...

Damn that crappy weather!! I'm sorry your first was a miserable experience but you finished, and that is an amazing accomplishment - I am so stinking PROUD of you!!! Congratulations, girl!! Wear your medal with pride! Can't wait to hear more about it all. Until then, rest up and enjoy :).

xo

Jill said...

Damn that crappy weather!! I'm sorry your first was a miserable experience but you finished, and that is an amazing accomplishment - I am so stinking PROUD of you!!! Congratulations, girl!! Wear your medal with pride! Can't wait to hear more about it all. Until then, rest up and enjoy :).

xo